Greetings from the world of Canadian Senior Pro Rodeo, a place
for those people 40 and over who still enjoy rodeo.
It's a new year and time to start thinking about the upcoming
2016 rodeo season. Come and join our organization and compete in
Canada and the U.S. alongside other skilled contestants.
Go to the membership link and download a form today!
The Canadian Senior Pro Rodeo Association is pleased to announce
that our largest sponsor in the history of the CSPRA
is back on board for 2016!
Thank you Ford!
Also back for sponsorship in the 2016 season is:
-- We encourage all our members to support and
thank our sponsors whenever they can!
- Event Fee -- a $5.00 event fee will be charged per contestant (per event) to go to rodeo committees.
- Barrel Racing Timer Fee -- fee will no longer be charged by CSPRA.
- Ladies Barrel Racing 68+ -- a new age group in 2016! Ladies 68+ must choose which age group (60 or 68+) they will be competing
- in at start of year. There must be at least five (5) qualified finals contestants in 68+ in order to have that event at finals.
- Roughstock Rides -- shall be six (6) seconds in length for a qualified ride.
- Calf Ropers/Men's Breakaway -- men 68+ can enter all three (3) events (CR60, CR68+, MBA) but must declare
- two only at the start of the rodeo year for points for all-around purposes.
- Distressed Event/Drop Down Rule -- no longer exists in CSPRA.
- Medical/Vet Releases -- must be sent to the CSPRA office within five (5) days of the rodeo or else you will be
- treated as a turn out and have to pay full fees.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE 2015 WINNERS:
The Kenny McLean "Cowboy of the Year":
2015 "Committee of the Year":
NANTON SENIOR RODEO COMMITTEE
"Men's and Ladies All Around Champions":
LYLE KATHREIN & KAREN DUNCAN
LBR40 - ROSE PEROZAK
LBR50 - MAREENA BLACKMORE
LBR60 - JANICE WALTZE
LBA - KAREN DUNCAN
MBA - BILL REEDER
CR40 - STACY CORNET
CR50 - DEAN PEROZAK
CR60 - NEIL HOWARD
CR68+ - ARNIE JOHNSON
RR40 - MARK FLYNN & JILL CRAIG
RR50 - CRAIG & MARGO FITZPATRICK
RR60 - DOYLE ATKIN & CAROL CRAWFORD
SW40 - BLAINE HOCHSTEIN
SW50 - CHUCK MELIN
TR40 - GLEN ADIE & STACY CORNET
TR50 - BLAINE ODDAN & LARRY KLASSEN
TR60 - DOUG SHIPTON & KAREN DUNCAN
BULLS40 - JON BUCHERT
Click on this link to view the 2015 CSPRA Finals Results
with payout of all 4 rounds plus the average:
2015 CSPRA FINALS RESULTS.pdf
And congratulations to...
Chuck Melin's horse "Harley" 2015 CSPRA Steer Wrestling Horse of the Year
Lonny Olson's horse "Taz" 2015 CSPRA Hazing Horse of the Year
Bill Reeder's horse "Banker" 2015 CSPRA Calf Horse of the Year
(Thank you to the blanket award sponsor Craig FitzPatrick)
For copies of photos taken at the 2015 CSPRA Finals please visit:
THANK YOU CSPRA...
Senior Pro Rodeo
1 for $20 or 2 for $30
Call Madelaine Kimmerly
The CSPRA is currently accepting bids for our 2016 Finals in Claresholm AB for the following:
Judges, Timers, Arena Director, Announcer, Contract Act and Stock Contractors.
Please send all bids to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2016.
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 1:00pm
If no answer, please leave a message and I will get back to you the next business day.
403-875-3242 / email@example.com / Box 393, Carseland, Alberta T0J 0M0
The Canadian rodeo season starts in April with rodeos scattered across Western Canada throughout the spring, summer and fall. The Canadian Finals are a sudden death finals held in October at the Claresholm Agriplex, Claresholm, Alberta.
Contestants compete in such events as Barrel Racing, Steer Wrestling, Tie Down Roping, Men's and Ladies Breakaway, Saddle Bronc Riding, Bareback Riding, Bull Riding, Team Roping and Ribbon Roping. Included in the opportunity to enjoy Senior Pro Rodeo is the choice to head south of the border to rodeos hosted by the National Senior Pro Rodeo Association.
The CSPRA now offers the options of hosting a "full" CSPRA rodeo, a "timed event only" rodeo or a "roughstock only" rodeo. A timed event only rodeo will consist of tie down roping, breakaway roping, ladies barrel racing, ribbon roping, team roping and steer wrestling. All rodeos have to follow the CSPRA rule book to be sanctioned. Please contact the committee representative or your event director with any questions. Be advised that the NSPRA has moved to a “region” format since the 2014 season and included in the Canadian region will be ALL CSPRA rodeos as well as those rodeos occurring in Montana.
* The CSPRA accepts credit cards
(Visa & Mastercard only)
a $10.00 service charge
will be added on all transactions.
* Ideas, questions, concerns, or any other general information
is welcomed by the Board. Contact an event director to
discuss what is going on in the CSPRA or watch for our
page in the monthly Rodeo Connection magazine.