Box 393, Carseland, Alberta T0J 0M0
(403-875-3242 / email@example.com)
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 1:00pm
If no answer, please leave a message and I will get back to you the next business day.
We would like to welcome our in-coming Directors:
Ross Bohnet as Vice President; Lyle Kathrein as Team Roping Director; Guy Perozak as Calf Roping Director;
David Joyes as Steer Wrestling Director; Bob Hood as Ribbon Roper Director.
As well, we would like to thank our out-going directors for all their contributions and hard work!
Tony was born in Taber, AB on April 19, 1943. He enjoyed bull riding and stock car racing in his younger years. He then grew an interest
in team roping and received numerous awards for it. Tony will always be remembered for his passion for horses and rodeo.
Joe was born in Leader, SK on September 16, 1944. He and Shirley were married in Taber and spent many happy
years in Hays. Joe enjoyed playing many sports, farming, lease riding, team roping and driving school bus.
Team roping partners to the end, they will now be roping the perfect set of steers and their fees will all be paid!
Our 2015 winners are...
Amy Brewster, Turner Valley $10,000
Kevin Dudley, Raymond $500
Brandi Edge, Calgary $500
Lana Briggs, High River $500
Byron Walker, Texas $500
Effie Simpson - seller of most tickets (24 books, amazing!) $500
Julie Parsonage - seller of winning ticket $500
his horse "Banker" won the
Calf Horse of the Finals
Thank you to our
blanket award sponsor
And congratulations to...
Chuck's horse "Harley"
Steer Wrestling Horse
Lonny's horse "Taz"
2015 CSPRA Hazing Horse
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE 2015 WINNERS:
The Kenny McLean "Cowboy of the Year" Buckle Award
"Committee of the Year" Buckle Award
NANTON SENIOR RODEO COMMITTEE
"Men's and Ladies All Around Champion" Saddle Winners
LBR40 - ROSE PEROZAK
LBR50 - MAREENA BLACKMORE
LBR60 - JANICE WALTZE
LBA - KAREN DUNCAN
MBA - BILL REEDER
CR40 - STACY CORNET
CR50 - DEAN PEROZAK
CR60 - NEIL HOWARD
CR68+ - ARNIE JOHNSON
RR40 - MARK FLYNN & JILL CRAIG
RR50 - CRAIG & MARGO FITZPATRICK
RR60 - DOYLE ATKIN & CAROL CRAWFORD
SW40 - BLAINE HOCHSTEIN
SW50 - CHUCK MELIN
TR40 - GLEN ADIE & STACY CORNET
TR50 - BLAINE ODDAN & LARRY KLASSEN
TR60 - DOUG SHIPTON & KAREN DUNCAN
BULLS40 - JON BUCHERT
Click on this link to view the 2015 CSPRA Finals Results with payout of all 4 rounds plus the average.
https://www.cushycms.com/temporary_uploads/235244/2015 CSPRA FINALS RESULTS.pdf
2015 CALCUTTA WINNERS:
1st - Cheryl Halwa (team #10 for $2176)
2nd - Lorraine Lynch, Linda Johnson, Darlene Bunney (team #16 for $1276)
3rd - TIE Les Deschamps (team 7 for $425)
TIE Jackie Miller (team #13 for $425)
Senior Pro Rodeo
1 for $20 or 2 for $30
Call Madelaine Kimmerly at 403-646-3200
- Secretary & Rodeo Office Rules: page 15, rule #10 - will be changed to add “plus applicable GST” to the $2.50 & $6.00 fees.
- Drawing Out & Entry Refund:
- Page 20, rule 1 - any reference to “entry preferences” will be deleted as CSPRA does not use a preference system.
- Page 20, rule 2 - contestants now have only five (5) days from the day of the rodeo to get their medical or vet release
- forms into the CSPRA office or they will be treated as a turn out and be responsible for all fees.
- General Rules: page 10, rule 12 – changed to “two contestants make a contest”.
- Point Award System: page 25 – Bonus points are based on the number of contestants who actually competed.
- Barrel Racing Electric Timers: page 19, rule 5a - replace hundredths with thousandths in both timing and payout.
- Breakaway Rules: page 13 – any reference to two or more loops will be changed to only one loop is allowed.
- NEW! Hardship Rule: If a contestant must medical out of an event, both the contestant and their spouse can medical out under the same
release form with no penalty.
(please see above for rule changes the Board deemed necessary to implement during the 2015 season)
The CSPRA is currently accepting bids for our 2016 Finals in Claresholm AB for the following:
Judges, Timers, Arena Director, Announcer, Contract Act and Stock Contractors.
Please send all bids to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2016.
The Canadian Senior Pro Rodeo is pleased to announce our
largest sponsor in the history of the CSPRA:
FORD DEALERS OF ALBERTA
Thank you Ford!
Click on the link to view the CSPRA 2014 Finals Results with payout of all 4 rounds and the average
Greetings from the world of Canadian Senior Pro Rodeo. For those folks over 40 who still enjoy rodeo, please think about joining our organization. We offer the opportunity to rodeo in Canada or throughout North America with competitive, skilled contestants.
The Canadian Rodeo season starts in early April with rodeos scattered across Western Canada throughout the spring, summer and early fall. The 2015 Finals will be a Sudden Death Finals held October 15, 16, 17, & 18 at the Claresholm Agriplex, Claresholm, Alberta.
Contestants compete in such events as Barrel Racing, Steer Wrestling, Tie Down Roping, Saddle Bronc Riding, Bareback Riding, Bull Riding, Team Roping and Ribbon Roping. Included in the opportunity to enjoy Senior Pro Rodeo is the choice to head south of the border to rodeos hosted by the National Senior Pro Rodeo Association.
The CSPRA now has the option of hosting a full CSPRA rodeo, a timed event only rodeo or a roughstock only rodeo for first-time rodeos. A timed event only rodeo will consist of tie down roping, breakaway roping, ladies barrel racing, ribbon roping, team roping and steer wrestling. All rodeos have to follow the CSPRA rule book to be sanctioned. Please contact your event director with any questions. Be advised that the NSPRA has moved to a “region” format since the 2014 season. Included in the Canadian region will be ALL CSPRA rodeos as well as those rodeos occurring in Montana.
* The CSPRA accepts Visa & Mastercard
- a flat service charge of $10.00 will be
added on all transactions.
* Concerns, ideas, questions or any general information is welcomed by the board. Please contact your event director to find out the lastest information. Director phone numbers are posted and appear in the monthly Rodeo Connection publication.